Tuesday 8 December 2015

Teddy Cuddles and Christmas Films

Hey lovelies!

With the cold weather hitting at full force, all you really want to do is snuggle up in bed right? Candles lit, fairy lights on and a hot chocolate on you bedside! Here's how I get the most perfect Winter's night, including my top 5 favourite Christmas films!





Grab a teddy bear! Or cuddle up beside a loving companion, but if your like me and not even your dogs want to cuddle up, a teddy will most defiantly do! I go this teddy from Dunelm and it's multi-purpose. How is a teddy multi-purpose you ask? The stomach of this teddy is filled with lavender and some sort of heating things, so just pop the teddy into the microwave for anywhere between 1 and 2 minutes and voila a teddy that acts like a hot water bottle! And it's great as it's super soft and fluffy so a lot easier to cuddle with than a hot water bottle. I don't know if it's just me, but the lavender also helps me sleep so whenever I cuddle with this teddy I fall asleep almost instantly, it's so calming! A must-have this winter!


Read a good book! With all the technology around, I feel like no one really appreciates a good book nowadays. It's lovely to snuggle up in bed with a hot chocolate on a cold Winter's night with a real page turner! The book I'm reading at the moment is called 'Eleanor & Park' and it's amazing! The book is my sisters and she forced it into my hands, demanding me to read it. She just loved it so much! My sister picked up an idea from Tumblr which is to highlight quotes and line in books that stand out to you, It's a good idea and it makes the book so much more personal! So whilst reading this book I keep coming across highlighted sections over her making. She does this also with John Green's books, she claims that every word in those books are worth highlighting and remembering.


Moving swiftly onto my top 5 favourite Christmas films, some of these are classics and some and relatively new, I just love every film that get's me in the festive spirit!

1) Elf - The most hilariously funny Christmas film of them all, starring Will Ferrell and Zooey Deschanel. This film will be sure to have you in stitches and also awing at the adorableness of Buddy and Jovie's relationship. This film never fails to make me happy!


2) Christmas with the Kranks - Another family fun Christmas movie where the couples daughter is trying her best to make it home for Christmas and the family do everything they can to outdo they're over the top Christmas obsessed neighbors. I watched this film a couple nights ago (I swear I watching it many times each year, It just never gets old!) I realised that the lead woman (Nora Krank) was played by Jamie Lee Curtis. I've only just figured this out as I watch her every week on Scream Queens! I had no idea!

3) Christmas Do-over - This is one of my most favourite Christmas films ever, the one I play the most during the festive holidays. I just love it! To cut a long story short, this film is about a divorced man who gets the chance to relive Christmas over and over again until he makes things right with his ex-wife and son. By the end of the film he stops reliving Christmas with his wife and family back in his life, and it's so sweet! Imagine a festive Ground-hog day and your watching Christmas Do-over!


4) Love Actually - 9 separate stories of the special Christmas theme that is often forgotten...Love! You get to see how these 9 different people and situations celebrate the love at Christmas and towards the end of the film all the stories intertwine and they all come together. It's so cute! There's also a lot of big names in this film like Liam Neeson, Keira Knightley, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant and many more! You're bound to recognise someone whilst watching this film.

5) Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas - A successful classic amongst the children, although when I was younger I was terrified of the Grinch! The Grinch is played by the hilarious Jim Carrey and by far my favourite character in the whole film, Cindy Lou Who is played by Taylor Momsen (The young teeny tiny Taylor!). Taylor is my style inspiration and my idol, so I used to put up with the scary Grinch just to admire the beautiful and adorable Taylor! (She's literally like my queen!).


Other classic Christmas films include Scrooge, The Muppets Christmas Carol and The Nightmare Before Christmas (Remember how much I love that one!).

What are your favourite Christmas films, and how will you be spending these cold Winter nights? Maybe a warm, relaxing bubble bath is how you roll?!

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment